At OZN we try to be as sustainable as possible. Packaging is especially close to our hearts, for example, the lid on our nail polish bottles is made from a compostable material.
- The lid and safety cap of our polishes is made of lignin. Lignin consists of bio-polymers of natural fibers and natural additives and is a by-product of industry, it is produced annually worldwide to about 50 million tons. The cover can be put in the green garbage can, in the industrial composting plant decomposition takes place by adding microorganisms and their enzymes. Composting contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gases.
- The bottle is made of 60% recycled glass.
- The brushes are made of vegan, synthetically produced brush hairs and webs of bio-based polyamides.
- The outer packaging is made of certified paper from sustainable forestry or recycled paper and is vegan. Carbon neutral with FSC certification as well as WPV code of conduct certified. Only vegan and food safe adhesives are used.
- All paints are food safe. Mineral oil-, soy- and hazardous substance-free (bio-) printing inks based on vegetable oil from sustainable cultivation.
ENERGY AND HEAT GENERATION AT OZN:
- 100% green electricity from renewable sources in Germany, of which 25% is self-generated.
- 100 % own heat production: 25 percent recycled production heat from the machines.
- 75 % from own heat module. Combustion of sustainable raw materials from the wood industry (chips and wood waste).
OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATION AT OZN:
- Paperless office through digital processes, contracts and invoices.
- Low energy office: electronic equipment upgraded in 2020 to the latest standards for electricity savings.
SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS AT OZN:
- Reduction of unnecessary plastic packaging.
- Reduction of unnecessary empty space in packaging of products and transport to customers.
- Climate-neutral parcel shipping
- Low energy shipping label printers and EDP.
PRODUCTION AND RECYCLABLES AT OZN:
- Consequent separation of all production waste.
- Targeted return to the recycling loop or environmentally sound disposal.
GENERAL SUSTAINABILITY OF OZN SUPPLIERS:
- Production with climate-neutral electricity as well as climate-neutral gas.
- All products are produced according to EU framework regulation 1935/2004/EC as well as 2023/2006/EC.
- All materials are certified by the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment. This tests packaging for the chemicals that can be used and their maximum concentrations.