In addition to the very highest product quality, it is particularly important to us that we work as little as possible with harmful chemical ingredients. This means that we largely avoid substances that are suspected of being harmful to health. Here is an overview of all substances that we do NOT use in our paints:
1. propyl acetate: Solvent, may affect reproductive ability and may harm the child in the womb.
2. ethyl tosylamide: plasticizer, banned in Europe due to antibiotic properties and antibiotic resistance in many personal care products.
3. triphenyl phosphate (TPP/TPHP): may affect hormone balance, reproduction and metabolism.
4. phthalates, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP): plasticizers, inhalation or ingestion may cause adverse health effects and temporary discomfort such as dizziness, nausea, headache may occur. The European Union classifies dibutyl phthalate as "toxic to reproduction", harmful to liver and kidneys.
5. toluene, methylbenzene: solvent, degreases skin and may cause inflammation. May cause respiratory problems.
6. xylene: Solvent, may be harmful if absorbed through skin and respiratory tract. May cause headaches, impaired memory and orientation, dizziness and difficulty breathing.
7. camphor: plasticizer, may cause nausea, dizziness and headache when inhaled.
8. formaldehyde: considered carcinogenic, but may be used in a concentration below 1% in Germany.
9. formaldehyde resin: is not classified as carcinogenic as formaldehyde, but can cause skin allergies and has been shown to cause dermatitis.
10. rosin: harmful resin, can cause contact eczema.
11. organohalogen compounds (AOX): solvents, chemical compound of bromine, iodine, fluorine and chlorine, are considered carcinogens and can cause nerve damage.
12. parabens: preservatives, they are often associated with increased risk of breast cancer and skin cancer.
13. silicone: e.g. dimethicone, can cause allergies and irritation environmentally harmful, non-biodegradable chemical.
14. acetone: a chemical compound that can irritate the skin. The vapors can cause nausea.
15. fragrances: used to mask chemical odors, may cause allergies and irritation.
16. fragrance oils: used to mask chemical odors, may cause allergies and irritation.
17. MOAH (Mineral Oil Aromatic Hydrocarbons), MOSH (Mineral Oil Saturated Hydrocarbons): mineral oils that are potentially carcinogenic.
18. ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, benzophenone-3, 2-hydroxy-4-methoxybenzophenone, benzophenone-4: UV filters intended to protect the varnish in the bottle from discoloration. These can act similarly to the female hormone estrogen. This can lead to fertility problems, obesity and, in the worst case, breast cancer.
19. triethanolamine: stabilizer, possible disturbance of the immune system and irritation of the respiratory tract or allergy potential. Formation of nitrosamines possible, these can be carcinogenic.
20. microplastics: binders, fillers, film formers, bad for humans and nature.
21. animal ingredients: such as carmine, guanine or beeswax. Carmine is a red pigment obtained by squeezing cochineal scale insects. It should be noted that the real carmine from lice and synthetically produced vegan carmine have the same CI number 75470.
22. animal testing: we do not use any ingredients that have been tested on animals.
We guarantee that the substances listed here are not used by us. However, we would like to point out that traces of one or the other substance might be found in the laboratory. Although we only work with certified suppliers, minimal impurities cannot be completely excluded. In the food industry this is similar, hence often the note "May contain traces of nuts."